December is here!
While December brings fun, family, and food, it can also leave business owners and marketers feeling pressed for time—and resources. But, with the right strategies and promotions, you can make your December marketing a breeze and spend more time relaxing with your loved ones.
How do we do that, you ask? Well, let’s dive right in!
December marketing ideas to gift your audience
1. Send Holiday Cards (with a Promotion!)
There’s nothing more fun than getting mail around the holidays. Gather your contact list and send out holiday or New Year’s cards from your business to them. You can create a traditional holiday card with a picture of your employees and a simple greeting along with a promotional code to encourage them to visit your business during the holidays.
Customers like to be appreciated, and a holiday card can keep your business on the radar of customers—new or loyal—so that your business comes to mind when they need your services.
2. Run a Holiday Instagram Giveaway
Instagram giveaways are popular throughout the year, but they can give you a real boost in December around the holidays. Think about the goal for your Instagram holiday giveaway—are you trying to get more followers, increase awareness for a specific product or service, or just spread some cheer to peoples’ feeds? From there, determine the right giveaway for your business.
3. Update Your Google My Business Listing
Holiday shoppers are going to be turning to Google for all of their holiday needs, whether for gift ideas, home cleaning, appliance repair, travel, safety, and more. Make sure your business information is up to date so you can get found on search.
Be sure to:
- Verify your contact information
- Update your holiday hours
- Upload photos of your seasonal products and services
- Create Offer and Event posts
There are many ways to optimize your Google business profile to stand out in search and attract customers—and no better time than now to do it!
4. Don’t Be Shy—Get Personal on Social!
Your business is built by real people, and your customers want to connect with you! By sharing a glimpse into the lives of your employees and yourself, you can help build a connection with your audience.
Share pictures or stories of your family and holiday celebrations on your blog and social media profiles. Do you have a favourite holiday memory that inspired you to open your business? What about a family recipe or tradition? Share yours and ask your followers what theirs are.
Here are some ideas for personal stories you can share on social media or your business blog:
- Bakers can share a video or recipe on their blogs.
- Photographers can post their family Christmas pictures on Instagram or Facebook and encourage others to do the same.
- Personal trainers should encourage clients and potential clients to join them on holiday road races through social media.
- Makers can share the inspiration behind a specific product.
And bonuses, because this is our gift for you:
5. Stay Top-of-Mind with Email Marketing
During the holidays, people get busy. Remind them about your business with email marketing. Your email communications can include special promotions you’re running, a round-up of local holiday events in your community, or just a simple reminder to visit your business in the New Year. Make sure your holiday email subject line stands out so people will click your email!
Here are some ideas for your December email marketing:
- Dentists can send an email about the best and worst holiday treats for your teeth.
- Fitness businesses can send an email about ways to stay healthy during this busy month.
- Mental health professionals can send an email about ways to de-stress during the holidays.
- Restaurants can send an email about special catering options they have available for family dinners.
6. Refresh Your Online Reputation & Get More Reviews
A good reputation is important for your business year-round, but this might be an ideal time to put a little extra focus on getting reviews for your business.
Take some time to ask your customers for reviews, respond to all your reviews, and make sure you’re managing the most relevant places where customers are reviewing your business—including Yelp, Google My Business, and Facebook.
Did you know that you can also get more reviews for your business through Top4?
Special for you, this is a sneak peek of our upcoming feature! With our location-based marketing platform Top4, you will be able to import your contacts and ask them for reviews—which will ultimately improve your online presence and reputation.
Stay tuned for more exciting news from us!
Looking to build customer loyalty through social media? Don’t forget to add your business to Top4.com.au
List your business, create your own digital store to sell goods and services, and share posts on social media. Promote your business on Google instantly! Should you need help with local digital marketing then view our new Google Marketing Platform and services Top4 Marketing
Get Found On Google Promote Your Website, Reach local customers today!
Our Digital Marketing Agency Services Across All Industries Include Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Google Marketing, Website Design, Corporate Web Development, and local location-based marketing using our own Google Marketing Platform!
Engage A Social Media Agency For Only 1/3 The Cost Of Employing A Social Media Manager…LET’S TALK!