Here are the main takeaways for small businesses looking to make the most of the new mobile world:
1. Every year, there are trillions of searches on Google and over half of those searches happen on mobile.
More searches happen on mobile than on desktop computers – which is no surprise when we think about our own behaviour as consumers. Throughout the day, whenever we want to buy, learn or go, we turn to our phones first.
2. Mobile is local. Nearly one-third of all mobile searches are related to location, and that number is growing.
Whether they’re researching pizza delivery on Friday night or trying to find an orthodontist near their pre-teen’s middle school, consumers are using mobile to direct their actions in the local world.
Thirty-two per cent of consumers say that location-based search ads have led them to visit a store or make a purchase. For small business serving customers in their area, mobile ads can offer a vital opportunity to connect with customers.
3. New local search ads help businesses bring customers right to their door.
As we announced at the Google Performance Summit, businesses using location extensions in AdWords can prominently display their business location when consumers search for things like “acoustical consultant” while on the go.
We’re also testing new local ad formats that make it easier for users to find businesses as they navigate on Google Maps. Consumers may start seeing experiments like promoted pins that allow businesses to strengthen their brand presence in maps.
4. AdWords is designed to help you succeed in a mobile-first world.
We also introduced innovations in both text and display ads to help AdWords work harder for you on smartphone screens. Look for these upgrades coming soon:
- New expanded text ads in AdWords provide extra ad space so you can showcase more information about your products and services before the click. The key changes include more prominent headlines and a longer description line in your text ad.
- Responsive ads for display will adapt to the diverse content, shapes and sizes of the more than two million publisher sites and apps on the Google Display Network. Just provide headlines, a description, an image, and a URL, and AdWords will create beautiful ads for you that looks good on every device and site.
It’s about time for us to stop being surprised by how quickly mobile has taken over. Instead, it’s time to start thinking about how we can use the advantage of this trend to better connect with our customers and grow our businesses.
To find out how we can help you with your Website + Marketing, using our unique location marketing platform called Top4, get in touch today www.top4marketing.com.au
Looking to build customer loyalty through social media? Don’t forget to add your business to Top4.com.au
List your business, create your own digital store to sell goods and services, and share posts on social media. Promote your business on Google instantly! Should you need help with local digital marketing then view our new Google Marketing Platform and services Top4 Marketing
Get Found On Google Promote Your Website, Reach local customers today!
Our Digital Marketing Agency Services Across All Industries Include Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Google Marketing, Website Design, Corporate Web Development, and local location-based marketing using our own Google Marketing Platform!
Engage A Social Media Agency For Only 1/3 The Cost Of Employing A Social Media Manager…LET’S TALK!